Tuesday 21 February 2012

Getting started

Today was my first " real " day in the garden this year. It's been too cold, too windy, and too wet until today to do much. I started revamping my black and white garden today since things are starting to wake up it couldn't wait. I moved a Japanese maple and a black elder from some tubs and put them in the ground, which was quite a heavy job. I also moved a fern and a white bleeding heart to hopefully show them off a bit better, and planted some lupins and foxglove, both white. Some raking, general tidying, removing dead bits here and there,
and put some wildlife friendly slug pellets down around some things to keep them from getting munched. I still have more to do. I want to lift my eyeliner lily bulbs and move them and shift a couple more plants around. I may have to pot the lilies up until I can figure out where to put them. I also found a red lily beetle just laying in wait for them to come up. Consequently he got SQUASHED! The battle has begun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment