Sunday 19 February 2012

Newest project

While I'm waiting to get my patio back I've decided to start on my driveway bed. It's very long and narrow and doesn't get much sun. It runs north to south but with the houses in the way it's quite shadowed and the wind funnels down through it like a canyon. I'm going to plant it in different shades of pink, purple, blue and white with plenty of scented plants to waft through the air. There is already an old hydrangea with white flowers tinged with blue and pink and a berberis which wants a bit of cutting back. Also a fern which I transplanted a couple of years ago. I bought 4 more ferns of different types and 16 small plants such as lupins and foxgloves and am looking at getting a few more manageable shrubs and some clematis to fill it in. The end where the rubble is gets the most sun so I have a rose going in there in front of the fence panel. I will take the gravel up as well since it would cost too much to do the whole thing. Fingers crossed it will look really nice all year once it gets established.

No comments:

Post a Comment